Sunday, July 29, 2012

Alaska...the beauty of the land!

I can't do it! The more that I try to capture the beauty of nature through my lens, I realize that I just can't do it! Just as you can't capture a scent...you can't truly capture a beautiful place. The photos are just an attempt to show to you the wonderful artist that our Heavenly Father is (He is an amazing Artist!)! Looking at photos and actually being there is very different!! 

Here are a few of the experiences, that I tried to capture, of the beauty here! In these photos you can see, the Bay, Homer Spit, glaciers, volcanoes, wild roses/rose bud, fireweed, a peaceful lake! 

In the third photo you can see a small black dot above the water---this is a small float plane! 

In the last four photos-- These are photos of the volcanoes here. We were driving along the highway and we stopped so that I could take some pictures of them. I walked through the field and came up to the edge of the grass-line. There was a complete drop off at the edge!! The wind was so powerful here, as this is the Inlet. It was such a cool experience, standing on this cliff and feeling the power of the wind off the ocean! (I felt for a second that this is what Ireland might be like!!) 

Enjoy the photos! :)




















1 comment: